If you are an avid lover of gardening or plants but live in an apartment or do not have the time to invest in the activity then do not despair, you can still keep indoor plants. Indoor plants take less maintenance and add a lot of beauty to your home. So if you want to opt for the option of keeping indoor plants keep reading. We have compiled a list of the 8 most common indoor plants.
- African violets are the most common house plants. They require low to moderate sunlight and moderate watering. You can get African violets in a variety of colors ranging from pink to blue and traditional violet
- Aloe Vera plants are very easy to keep at home. They require very little watering and their leaves can be used for Aloe Vera gel which is very beneficial for skin care and even burns, cuts, and bruises
- Chinese evergreens are slow growing plants which require moderate watering. They come in a variety of shades of greens ranging from bright light greens to darker shades mixes with silver hues.
- Christmas cactus plants have to be some of the easiest plants to maintain at home. They require moderate indirect sunlight and low levels of watering. Under ideal conditions flowers also bloom in this plant.
- You can also opt for the corn plant if you want a house plant that requires low maintenance and watering
- The jade plant is a beautiful option to keep at home. Just prune it after sometime to maintain its compact shape
- Orchids are beautiful as well as fragrant house plants. They are available in a variety of colors ranging from white to pink, to yellow, and violet among others.
- We finish our list with the peace lily. Although the plant requires heavy watering, it is still one of the easiest plants to grow indoors.