For a lot of homeowners it can especially exasperating when their living room carpets get stained or dirty. Taking out tough stains is no easy job that is why we are here to help. We have compiled a list of certain tips that can help you in keeping your living room carpet neat and clean. So keep reading, and you just might kiss some of your house keeping worries good bye.
- Take off your shoes when entering the living room. It is a very simple tip and can prevent your family and specially the kids from bringing in mud and grime onto the carpet and saving you a lot of headache in the long run. You can also kindly instruct guests to do the same.
- When you are cleaning stains off of your carpet make sure that you do not use any heat. The last thing you want is to actually bake a stain onto your carpet and making it even more permanent
- Before you vacuum your living room carpet sprinkle some baking soda all over it. Baking soda actually absorbs bad smells and odors. So this way you can insure that your carpet won’t smell bad at all
- If anyone happens to spill anything on your carpet, get up and clean it immediately. The longer you put it off the faster the stain gets permanent. So make it a point to clean it off as soon as possible
- Last but not the least; do steam clean your living room carpet at least twice a year. It might seem like a hassle to push around all your living room furniture but it will prolong the life of your carpet in the long run; definitely worth it!