Summer season can get really tricky if you want to maintain a balance between your energy bill and well not getting a heat stroke. That is why we have compiled a list of various tips on how to keep your home cool in summer without an air conditioner. You would be surprised how easy it actually is, yet we never take out the time and look for the way. Keep reading and learn.
- Invest in affordable shades for your east and west windows. Prevent too much sun from getting into the house; this only heats the house up.
- Avoid using heat generating appliances at home on summer days. Wait for the sun to go down and use them in the evening when the temperature is slightly cooler
- It is a good idea to keep your house closed during the day time, prevent heat and humidity from creeping in. You can always ventilate the house once the sun has gone down.
- It is also a good idea to plant shade giving trees around your house. This also helps quite a lot
- When installing window shades, opt for light colors. White is the preference since it does not absorb as much heat as any other colors
- Install ceiling fans or consider purchasing small affordable pedestal fans to help keep you cool
- Turn off your computer equipment, TVs and other such appliances when they are not being used.
- Take showers instead of taking baths, this would reduce the use of hot water in the house
- You can also lower the thermostat of your hot water heater during the summer season, trust us the little things do mean a lot in the long run. Have a happy summer everyone!